Averiel D. Jackson, Associate
☎ 770-957-3937 MAIN | 770-957-9165 FAX
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Law School: John Marshall School of Law, J.D. 2017
Undergraduate: Purdue University, 2013
“Attorney Averiel Jackson ably represented me and my interest to a just conclusion. She handled my case with the utmost care and professionalism. I give her my highest recommendation!”
– Ken S.
Averiel Jackson received her undergraduate degree at Purdue University, in West Lafayette, Indiana. She then attended Atlanta’s John Marshall law school where she graduated with her Juris Doctor.
While in law school, Averiel served clients at the Georgia Public Defender Council, where she reviewed her client’s cases and found errors that warranted a court’s reversal or new trial. Averiel then spent two years at The Frison Firm, where she assisted with cases involving bankruptcy, personal injury, and criminal defense. Upon graduation from law school, Averiel became the Staff Attorney to the Honorable Chief Judge Collier in Clayton County Superior Court, where she gained countless hours of courtroom experience, and prepared the Judge’s orders and opinions in both civil and criminal cases.
Averiel gained extensive experience as a criminal defense attorney during her time at Lister & Holt, where she represented indigent clients in Henry County State Court from their bond hearing through their jury trial. Averiel has represented her clients in eleven jury trials and has received a “Not Guilty” verdict in nine of those trials. While at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, Averiel was one of five attorneys to spearhead the firm’s first workers’ compensation litigation department. She represented her clients through every phase of the litigation process and negotiated hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements.
In her free time, Averiel enjoys spending time with her family, reading books by John Grisham, and staying up-to-date on changes in criminal law. Averiel is also a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., the largest black Greek letter organization in the world.
- Managed cases through all phases of the litigation process from discovery to trial
- Negotiated over $260,000 in settlements for clients
- Represented indigent clients charged with misdemeanors at bond hearings, arraignments, and eleven jury trials
- Trained new attorneys on legal issues, trial advocacy, and courtroom candor
- Prepared orders and opinions in response to civil and criminal motions as Staff Attorney to the Honorable Chief Judge Collier
- Researched and articulated relevant law to support the Judge’s ruling as Staff Attorney to the Honorable Chief Judge Collier
- Assisted with discovery, depositions, and hearings, for criminal, personal injury, and bankruptcy law
- Prepared Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions and attended 341 hearings
- Reviewed client’s cases and found errors that warranted a court’s reversal or new trial
- Conducted legal research and prepared motions for new trial
Admissions and Recognitions
- State Bar of Georgia
- Henry County Bar Association
- Criminal Law Section
- Workers’ Compensation Law Section
- Former Neutral for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Mock Trial Coach for Stockbridge High School
- DUI Court Representative
- Student Ambassador at John Marshall School of Law