Brandon Palmer grew up in Acworth, Georgia and graduated from East Paulding High School before attending the Georgia Institute of Technology. Brandon received his Juris Doctor from Georgia State University College of Law in 2015. While at Georgia State, he clerked for Judge Goger of Fulton Superior Court and Judge McMillian of the Georgia Court of Appeals. In his third year, Brandon interned with the Clayton County District Attorney’s Office and assisted in the prosecution of all kinds of felony offenses, including a murder trial. He became an associate at Smith, Welch, Webb, & White in 2016 and since then has been in the courtroom in a variety of roles.
Brandon has also been published in the GMA City Attorneys CLE Program Materials (June 2018). He co-authored the seminar paper entitled “Saving Service Delivery: Thank you, Union Point, Ga.” with Andrew “Andy” J. Welch, III and Warren M. Tillery.
Since 2016, Brandon has a wide variety of litigation experience, representing both private and public clients. His experience includes:
- Representing cities in service delivery strategy negotiations and dispute resolutions throughout the state;
- Representing school boards in appeals of county sales ratio study results;
- Representing residential, commercial and industrial property owners in ad valorem tax appeals;
- Volunteering as a conflict defender with Henry County State Court; and
- Litigating dispossession cases throughout the Metro Area.
- City of Union Point v. Greene County, 303 Ga. 449 (2018)
Brandon has numerous dispossessory trials in Magistrate Courts in and around the Atlanta metro area. He has experience in Construction Arbitrations (new home construction and rehabilitation disputes), Warrant Application Hearings (petitioners and defendants), and ad valorem tax appeals before Boards of Equalization, Hearing Officers, and Superior Court.
Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Vice President of the Georgia Tech Chi Phi Alumni Board
- Henry County Conflict Defender