Grant McBride works in the litigation department of the McDonough office, primarily handling civil appellate work, eminent domain cases, and governmental and school litigation matters. Mr. McBride also handles a wide range of general civil litigation matters including business disputes, landlord-tenant issues, consumer protection litigation, bankruptcy and employment matters. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Mr. McBride attended New York University, where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He has worked in the education field at New York University and the film and television industry with Chappelle’s Show.
Mr. McBride received his Juris Doctor degree from the Southern Illinois University School of Law and graduated summa cum laude in 2011. As a law student, he served as President of the Student Bar Association and Vice President for Administrative Affairs on the Graduate and Professional Student Council. He was also an editor for the Southern Illinois University Law Journal and interned for the Honorable Bruce Stewart, Illinois 5th District Appellate Justice.
- Kelly v. Harris, 329 Ga. App. 752, 766 S.E.2d 146 (2014)
- Steagald v. Eason, 300 Ga. 717, 717, 797 S.E.2d 838, 839 (2017)
- Henry Cty. Bd. of Educ. v. S.G., 301 Ga. 794, 794, 804 S.E.2d 427, 429 (2017)
- C.P.R. v. Henry Cty. Bd. of Educ., 329 Ga. App. 57, 57, 763 S.E.2d 725, 727 (2014)
- Hankook Tire Co. v. White, 335 Ga. App. 453, 454, 781 S.E.2d 399, 400 (2016), cert. denied (May 9, 2016).
- Ramsey v. Wallace Elec. Co., LLC, 653 F. App’x 675, 676 (11th Cir. 2016)
- Lightfoot v. Henry Cty. Sch. Dist., 771 F.3d 764, 766 (11th Cir. 2014)
- Petrenko v. Moseri, 333 Ga. App. 14, 775 S.E.2d 272 (2015)
- England v. Simmons, 295 Ga. 1, 1, 757 S.E.2d 111, 112 (2014)
Litigated civil jury and non-jury matters in Georgia state and federal courts in a wide range of practice areas, including: eminent domain/condemnation cases, employment discrimination cases, bankruptcy denial of discharge matters, breach of contract actions, business disputes, church matters, consumer protection actions, education and special education claims, probate matters, domestic contempt actions, insurance matters, local government litigation, personal injury, product liability, and property tax appeals, among others. Also represents several clients in state administrative hearings, including annually representing educational clients in the Georgia Sales Ratio Study.
Admitted to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, Northern District of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals, the United States Supreme Court, both the Northern and Middle Districts of the United States District Court, and both the Northern and Middle Districts of the United States Bankruptcy Court. A member of the State Bar of Georgia and certified Georgia Neutral for General Civil Mediation since 2016.
- Active in the Henry County Bar Association and regional mock trial competitions.
- Attended pro-bono legal workshop sessions for debt defense.