Lajuana C. Ransaw, Partner
☎ 770-957-3937 MAIN | 678-583-4888 FAX
Local Government and Public Sector
School Board Representation
Real Estate Litigation
Law School: University of Georgia, JD 2001
Undergraduate: University of Georgia, BA Political Science 1998
Lajuana Ransaw is a native of Clayton County Georgia. Lajuana attended the University of Georgia where she majored in Political Science. She graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law and actively participated in the Davenport-Benham Black Law Students Association.
Prior to joining Smith Welch, Webb and White, LLC, Lajuana served as a judicial staff attorney for the Honorable Albert B. Collier while he served as a Superior Court judge in the Clayton Judicial Circuit. Mrs. Ransaw currently represents the City of Morrow, Georgia, the City of Hapeville, Georgia, the Housing Authority for the City of College Park, Georgia, the McDonough Housing Authority, the Hampton Housing Authority and public educational entities.
She has litigation experience and is an expert in municipal law, governmental entity governance, HUD regulations and policies, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and federal employment laws, state and federal laws that govern public and affordable housing, the Open Meetings Act, the Open Records Act, state and federal procurement laws, and laws that govern residential and commercial lease, sale and rental agreements and litigation.
- CPR v. Henry County Bd. Of Education, 329 Ga. App. 57 (2014)
- Elbert County v. Sweet City Landfill, LLC, 297 Ga. 429 (2015)
- Served as a Judicial Staff Attorney for a Superior Court Judge for 12 years
- Extensive civil litigation and administrative hearing experience for matters in the following counties: Barrow, Bibb, Butts, Clayton, Cobb, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, and Henry
- Georgia School Board Association Legal Seminar Presenter
- Henry County Board of Education, Annual Legal Issues Update
- Guest speaker at Spelman College , Special Education Certification class
Admissions and Recognitions
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals, United States District Court (Northern District), State Bar of Georgia
- Member of the National School Board Association, Education Law Section
- Member of the Georgia School Board Association, Education Law Section
- Named Top Attorney in Southern Journal Magazine, May 2016
- Featured in We Are Henry Magazine, Education Edition, Spring 2018