Megan M. Rittle, Partner
☎ 770-957-3937 MAIN | 770-957-9165 FAX
Law School: Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law, JD, 2011
Undergraduate: Auburn University, BA 2006
“I have dealt with this law firm (John Webb and Megan Pearson) on several different legal matters and I was so very thankful for their outstanding work. When it comes to a legal team you can trust and put your faith into – this Law Firm is #1 for my family and I highly urge you to contact them for any legal matters you may experience — they know what they’re doing and will guide you through.”
Megan Murren Rittle is a partner with Smith, Welch, Webb & White, LLC, focusing in the area of litigation and using her trial skills in the courtroom. Megan’s experience spans civil litigation, criminal defense, employment, eminent domain, domestic, and probate law. Megan has served as a Guardian ad Litem and appointed attorney for adult wards in Henry County probate court for nearly five years. Megan as litigated several federal cases dealing with Constitutional questions, including Title IX and Section 1983 claims. Megan specializes in education law, representing school districts in all areas of need, including the following:
- Special education, including training and litigation
- Civil litigation, including constitutional and employment claims
- Disciplinary matters, including development, review, and implementation of code of conduct
- Employment matters, including development, review, and implementation of employee policies
Megan, a native of Georgia, joined Smith, Welch, Webb & White after graduating from Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law in 2011 with her Juris Doctor. While attending Cumberland, Megan distinguished herself as an outstanding member of Cumberland’s Number 5 nationally ranked trial advocacy program and award winning trial team. Megan was selected for the Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Excellence in Trial Advocacy Award and Scholarship, as well as being distinguished as Scholar of Merit for Advanced Skills in Trial Advocacy. She was also selected as a national member of Order of the Barrister.
Megan is a member of the State Bar of Georgia as well as the Henry County Bar Association. Megan is also licensed to practice law in the State of Alabama.
Megan lives in Atlanta with her Husband, Tom, and their two pups, Sadie and Kali. In her free time Megan enjoys running, swimming and biking. Megan has finished several races across the country including several Ironman 70.3 and half-marathon races.
- Oral argument before the Supreme Court of Georgia, Henry County Bd. Of Educ. v. S.G., 301 Ga. 794 (2017)
- Atwater, et al. v. Tucker, 343 Ga. App. 301 (2017)
- Patriot Fire Prot., Inc. v. Fuller (In re Fuller), 560 B.R. 879 (2016)
- Landry v. Howell, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 131091 (2016)
- Civil jury trials for both civil and criminal matters in Federal District Court and Georgia superior and state courts, including handling matters in the following counties; Bibb, Clayton, Gwinnett, Henry, and Houston.
- Bench Trials, including matters in federal bankruptcy, superior, state, juvenile and probate courts in Butts, Butler, Catoosa, Clayton, Coweta, DeKalb, Fayette, Forsyth, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Houston, Lamar, Lowndes, Spalding, and Upson.
- Hearings in the Office of Administrative Hearings for special education matters and administrative license suspensions, and Department of Labor for employment benefit appeals.
Admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States of America, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals, United States District Court (Northern and Middle Districts), State Bar of Georgia, Supreme Court of Alabama, State Bar of Alabama
- A Friend’s House, Board Member, McDonough, GA
- Georgia High School Mock Trial, Region 12 Coordinator, 2019-present
- Georgia High School Mock Trial Subcommittee on the Problem, 2019-present
- Georgia High School Mock Trial Law Academy, Closing Argument Presenter
- Mock Trial Lead Attorney Coach, Eagles Landing High School, McDonough, GA, 2013-2018
- 2013 Region Champions; State Semifinalist
- 2014 Region Champions; District Champions; State Semifinalist
- 2015 Region Champions
- 2016 Region Champions
- 2018 Region Champions
- Truancy Intervention Project, Georgia, Attorney Volunteer
- Young Lawyers Division Litigation Committee
- Chair, 2017-18
- Clerk’s Luncheon Subcommittee Co-Chair
- War Stories Luncheon Series Subcommittee Co-Chair
- State Bar of Georgia Attorney Wellness Committee Member, 2017-present
- Alabama State Bar Non-Resident Section Member, 2017-present