Miranda Hanley, Partner
☎ 770-389-4864 MAIN | 770-389-5193 FAX
Law School: Faulkner University, Jones School of Law, JD, 2014
Undergraduate: Kennesaw State University, BA in Political Science 2012
Miranda Hanley is a partner with Smith, Welch, Webb & White, LLC. Since joining the firm in 2015, Miranda has built a successful litigation practice specializing in the areas of personal injury, workers’ compensation, and complex civil litigation. Miranda has extensive trial and jury trial experience and regularly litigates in both state and federal courts. She has also worked on numerous appeals in the Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and even in the United States Supreme Court.
Miranda is married to Noah Hanley, a civil engineer with Nyloplast in Buford, Georgia. The couple lives in Tucker, Georgia with their son, Lincoln. They also have two dogs, a shih-tzu named Gizmo and a mutt named Zibi, which Miranda rescued from a major highway as a puppy after narrowly missing her. Miranda spends every spare moment with her family and pups, but she also enjoys boating, cooking, and wine tasting.
- More than a dozen civil trials, including multiple jury trials.
- Successfully handled matters in the following counties:
- Henry, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton, Cobb, Spalding, Fayette, Gwinnett, Stephens, Habersham, Houston, etc.
- Experience litigating in the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia and appellate work before the Georgia Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Admissions and Recognitions
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Henry County Bar Association, Officer 2018
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Divisions
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- SuperLawyers Rising Star 2019-2021
Verdicts and Settlements
- Jury Verdicts
- $130,000 in car accident case where highest offer was $15,500
- $80,000 in car accident case where highest offer was $16,500
- Settlements – Personal Injury
- $1,100,000 in a rear-end collision requiring spinal surgery
- Settlements – Workers’ Compensation
- $170,000 for injury requiring full shoulder replacement
- $65,000 for permanent injuries to wrist and elbow
- Settlements – Consumer Law
- $85,000 for failure to timely finalize a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure