Miranda Hanley, Partner
☎ 770-389-4864 MAIN | 770-389-5193 FAX
Nursing Home Abuse
Law School: Faulkner University, Jones School of Law, JD 2014
Undergraduate: Kennesaw State University, BS in Political Science 2012
Miranda Hanley is a partner with Smith, Welch, Webb & White, LLC. Since joining the firm in 2015, Miranda has built a successful litigation practice specializing in the areas of personal injury, nursing home abuse, and workers’ compensation. Miranda has extensive litigation and trial experience and regularly litigates in both state and federal courts. She also has appellate experience in the Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and even the United States Supreme Court.
Miranda is married to Noah Hanley, a civil engineer with Nyloplast in Buford, Georgia. The couple lives in Stone Mountain, Georgia with their son, Lincoln and daughter, Lachlyn. They also have three dogs, two shih-tzus named Gizmo and Skittles and a rescue named Zibi. When she isn’t in the courtroom or working, Miranda spends time with her family and enjoys traveling, cooking, and wine tasting.
Trial and Litigation Experience
- Extensive trial and jury trial experience.
- Successfully handled matters in the following counties:
- Henry, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton, Cobb, Spalding, Fayette, Gwinnett, Stephens, Habersham, Coweta, Houston, etc.
- Experience litigating in the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia.
- Appellate experience in the Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Admissions and Recognitions
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020-2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021-2022
Affiliations and Bar Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Henry County Bar Association, 2022 President
- Officer from 2018-Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (“GTLA”)
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Divisions