Miranda joined Smith, Welch, Webb & White, LLC as an associate in 2015 immediately following her admission to the State Bar of Georgia. She graduated a semester early, from Faulkner University’s Jones School of Law in December of 2014 with various awards and honors, including: National Champion, Florida State University National Mock Trial Tournament, March 2014; Dean’s List; and CALI Award for Best Paper in Advanced Criminal Procedure, Family Law, Remedies, and Family Law. While in College at Kennesaw State University, Miranda served as the Social Chair for Gamma Phi Beta International Sorority, cheered on the Spirit Cheerleading Squad, and competed on the mock trial team.
Miranda is located in the Stockbridge office and is active in the Henry County Community. Her practice is concentrated in civil litigation and Miranda specializes in the areas of personal injury, auto accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, premises liability, mold exposure, workers’ compensation, mortgage servicing litigation, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) violations, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) violations, and debt defense.
Miranda is married to Noah Hanley, a civil engineer with Nyloplast in Buford, Georgia. The couple lives in Tucker, Georgia with their infant son, Lincoln, and two dogs, Gizmo and Zibi. Miranda’s hobbies include spending time with family, boating, wine tasting, and learning to play golf.
- More than a dozen civil trials, including multiple jury trials.
- Successfully handled matters in the following counties:
- Henry, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton, Cobb, Spalding, Fayette, Gwinnett, Stephens, Habersham, Houston, etc.
- Experience litigating in the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia and appellate work before the Georgia Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Henry County Bar Association, Officer 2018
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Divisions
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- SuperLawyers Rising Star 2019-2021
- Jury Verdicts
- $130,000 in car accident case where highest offer was $15,500
- $80,000 in car accident case where highest offer was $16,500
- Settlements – Personal Injury
- $1,100,000 in a rear-end collision requiring spinal surgery
- Settlements – Workers’ Compensation
- $170,000 for injury requiring full shoulder replacement
- $65,000 for permanent injuries to wrist and elbow
- Settlements – Consumer Law
- $85,000 for failure to timely finalize a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure