Priya M. Patel, Associate
☎ 770-957-3937 MAIN | 770-957-9165 FAX
Law School: Mercer University, School of Law, 2016
Undergraduate: University of Georgia, BA, 2013
Priya Patel grew up in McDonough, Georgia and attended Eagles Landing High School. After graduating high school in 2009, Priya went on to attend the University of Georgia, followed by Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University. Priya interned for Smith, Welch, Webb and White as a law clerk starting in 2014, and ultimately became an associate in 2017.
Priya is located in the McDonough office, lives in Henry County, and is very active in giving back to her local community. Priya is married to Shalin Patel, a resident physician. The couple lives in Atlanta, Georgia with their dog, Luka. Priya’s hobbies include spending time with family, volunteering her time with Mock Trial and Hands of Hope, and enjoying great meals with friends.
Represented clients in hearings and trials for matters involving:
- Personal Injury
- Child Custody and Child Support (Modifications)
- Contract Disputes
- Dispossessory Proceedings
- Trespass and Nuisance
- Code Enforcement
- Estate and Probate
- Business Litigation
- Education Law
- General Civil Litigation
Admissions and Recognitions
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Henry County Bar Association, Officer 2019
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- SuperLawyers Rising Star 2021
- State Bar of Georgia Achievement Award
- Class of 2018 of State Bar of Georgia’s Leadership Academy
- Hands of Hope Clinic Board Member (Secretary)
- The Hands of Hope Clinic is the only charitable medical and dental clinic in Henry County.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Nonprofit Charity that builds homes for families in need
- Caring for a Cause
- A Nonprofit that brings local community members together to help neighbors that are in need
- Hustlin’ for a Heart 5K/Fun Run for Emma Kate
- Mercer Law Orientation Panelist
- Since graduation, Priya has been invited back to sit on Orientation Panels to speak with incoming law students about her time in law school and her career
- Eagles Landing Middle School
- Annual Career Day
- Eagles Landing High School
- Attorney Coach for Mock Trial team
State Bar & Legal Involvement
- Litigation Committee: This committee addresses the needs of young litigators by sponsoring litigation themed events.
- Membership Chair 2017
- Communications Chair 2018
- YLD Leadership Academy Alumni This committee provides continuing leadership development, community service, pro bono opportunities and networking opportunities for Leadership Academy alumni.
- Leadership Academy Class of 2018
- YLD Business Law Committee
- YLD Women in the Profession
- YLD Law School Outreach Program
- Pro-Bono Work
- Wills Clinic in Savannah for First Responders
- Member of the State Bar’s Young Lawyers Division
Sales Ratio Study
- Over the years we have successfully represented numerous school districts. Over the past three years, we have helped to increase QBE funding for these school systems by almost four million dollars ($3,971,786.74) and saved the school districts close to one million dollars ($858,775.83) in penalties to public utility tax revenue.
- Priya has helped in representing over 20 school districts.