According to the National Safety Council, nearly 14 million people were treated for injuries resulting from consumer products in 2018. As Georgia residents, we use a variety of products each day to get us to work, make our lives at home more comfortable, and while simply spending time with family and friends. When one of these products is defective and causes a personal injury, the lawyers at Smith Welch Webb & White are here to help you recover the just compensation you deserve.
Three Types of Product Defects
Design Defect – the design is unreasonably dangerous
Manufacturing Defect – the product was safely designed but something went wrong during the manufacturing process.
Warning Defect – the manufacturer failed to warn users of dangers arising from normal use.
In Georgia, claims can be based on strict liability where fault does not have to be proven on the part of the defendant, but you must show that:
- The defendant manufactured the product;
- The product was defective when it left the control of the manufacturer; and
- The product’s defective condition caused the injury.
Many people fail to realize that there are federal and local laws which protect consumers against dangerous products and hold manufacturers liable for injuries caused by such goods. These regulations are generally known as product liability law. If you have been injured by a defective product, it is essential that you contact a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you determine your rights and represent you against large manufacturing companies. Contact our skilled defective product attorneys if you or a loved one has been injured by:
- Defective automobile products including airbags, seatbelts, tires, child car seats
- Pharmaceutical products
- Medical devices
- Children’s toys
- Household appliances
- Sporting goods including firearms, exercise equipment, helmets
Well Known Product Liability Cases
Over the past few decades there have been several high-profile product liability cases that have resulted in billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts to the injured parties. Familiar examples are:
- Dow Corning: Silicone Breast Implants
- In 1998, Dow Corning reached a settlement in which it agreed to pay $2 billion as part of a larger $4.25 billion class action suit filed by customers who claimed that their silicone breast implants were rupturing, causing injury, bodily damage, scleroderma, and death.
- General Motors Co.: Automobile Parts
- In February 2014, it was discovered that several of GM’s automobile models were manufactured with faulty ignition switches that could shut off the engine during driving, disable power steering and brakes, and prevent airbags from inflating. GM has recalled more than 26 million of its autos and has set up an uncapped $400 million fund to compensate for deaths and injuries caused by its vehicles.
What We Offer:
If you have been injured by a defective product, the manufacturer of the product should be held accountable and forced to pay for the damages and injuries you received. At SWWW, we are familiar with Georgia’s product liability laws and we are willing to fight for you and seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
Meet with one of our attorneys to get started. Schedule an appointment by sending us an email or calling us at 1-855-505-7999
“I am so Thankful to have such a great firm on my side…”
“I wouldn’t hesitate to use William White and the rest of this firm if the need arose again. Everyone was extremely professional, thorough and extremely knowledgeable…”
“Very professional, and caring. The secretary Jody has the sweetest personality. Casey my attorney put his all into each case. Due to Casey hard work and dedication to my case we won my disability case.“
“The Best and only Law Firm you will ever need in Georgia!!! “
“Great attorneys and nice folks who work there.“
“The attorneys and staff at this firm do a great job, and go above and beyond to help people out. I definitely recommend using them.“
“Very professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. No complaints whatsoever.“
“Professional, knowledgeable, straight away to resolve the problem.“
“Very Personable, comfortable, efficient. Great people.“
“Best law firm in the Atlanta area.“
“Love this law firm. The staff is always so nice and helpful. They ease my anxiety and worries about my legal issues.“
“An excellent firm I would highly recommend. Their attorneys offer a variety in law. The support staff is knowledgeable and very competent! You can’t go wrong with this firm.“
“I am so happy that I met or what I can say introduced to Smith Welch Webb and white Attorney office is the best they would go all the way with you just give them a chance my attorney name is Orion Webb he is absolutely the best that I have seen and he have been my attorney four 2 years now I can always count on him great job“
“As a healthcare provider in Henry County, I have had the pleasure of working with this firm over the last several years. I find them to be honest, competent and always look to the needs of their clients.“
Request a case evaluation
Call us at 1.855.505.SWWW (7999) today or fill out the web form to schedule your legal consultation and case evaluation.
*All form fields are required