R. Brian Strickland, Partner
☎770-957-3937 MAIN | 770-957-9165 FAX
Law School: Florida Coastal School of Law, JD 2009
Undergraduate: Valdosta State University, B.B.A. in Economics 2006
“Brian Strickland has been a great help to me. He has attended to my cases with utmost professionalism and genuine concern for my children and me. I have recommended him to others, and will continue to do so. I believe he is a tremendous asset to the law firm in which he works.”
“I am so Thankful to have such a great firm on my side. Brian Strickland, so Thankful for who you are. To care the way that you do. My Grandaughter and I will always be grateful for you.”
R. Brian Strickland serves as Manager of Smith, Welch, Webb & White. His legal experience includes handling complex business and real estate litigation, legal matters concerning governmental entities including authorities, municipalities and counties, and family and probate litigation matters. Mr. Strickland has represented clients in courtrooms around Metro Atlanta, including conducting jury trials and arguing before the Georgia Court of Appeals.
Mr. Strickland also serves as State Senator for Senate District 17 in the Georgia General Assembly. He most recently served as State Representative for House District 111 in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2012-2017. In addition to his law practice and service in the Georgia Senate, Mr. Strickland has also represented Georgia as one of its four Commissioners on the Uniform Law Commission from 2015 to present. In January of 2021, Mr. Strickland was appointed the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Mr. Strickland is a native of McDonough, Georgia. After graduating with Honors from Henry County High School in 2002, Mr. Strickland earned a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Valdosta State University in 2006 and a Juris Doctorate degree from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2009. Mr. Strickland is married to Lindsay Perdue Strickland and they have a son named Charles Willis. Mr. and Mrs. Strickland are members of McDonough Presbyterian Church and are very active in their local community.
- Mr. Strickland currently serves as State Senator for District 17 in the Georgia General Assembly. Mr. Strickland is also one of the two floor leaders appointed by Governor Brian Kemp to serve in the State Senate for 2019.
- He most recently served as State Representative for House District 111 in the Georgia House of Representatives from 2012-2017.
- Mr. Strickland was appointed Chairman of the Industry of Labor Committee in the House of Representatives and was the youngest member of the General Assembly to serve as a Chairman.
- In January 2018, Mr. Strickland was elected to the Georgia State Senate, and immediately upon being sworn in to the Senate, was appointed by Governor Nathan Deal to serve as his administrative floor leader in the Georgia Senate.
- In his first session in the Senate, Mr. Strickland authored ten pieces of Legislation that ultimately passed both chambers of the General Assembly and were signed into law by the Governor, including the final pieces of legislation from the Governor?s Criminal Justice and Court Reform Councils.
- Complex business matters
- Real Estate Litigation
- Legal matters concerning governmental entities including authorities, municipalities, and counties
- Family and Probate Litigation matters
- Southern Journal Magazine’s 14 under 40 and Men of Substance
- The 2015-2016 Champions of Georgia Cities Award from the Georgia Municipal Association
- The Georgians for Lawsuit Reform 2018 Legal Champion
- The 2016 Legislator of the Year Award from the Georgia Association of Solicitor Generals
- The Graduate of the Last Decade Award from Valdosta State University in 2016
- Represented Georgia as one of its four Commissioners on the Uniform Law Commission from 2015- present
- Member of the Georgia Film, Music, and Digital Entertainment Commission since 2016
- Served on the Georgia Commission on Family Violence since 2018
- Henry County Chamber of Commerce Board of Governors since 2017
- President of the Henry County Kiwanis Club from 2012-2013
- Secretary of the Board of Crosswalk Ministries USA in 2012
- Mock Trial team at Eagles Landing High School, and currently serves on the Alumni Board for Florida Coastal School of Law